Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1-1-10 "it's not an option. It's obedience"

Happy New Years to You!

     I found this video on Godsgurl93's blog and thought it was pretty good. Please watch it and take it to heart. And please check out the modesty survey at www.therebelution.com . Modesty is SO IMPORTANT! I cannot stress that enough. We live in a world where extreme immodestly is socially normal, and unfortunately many Christian girls fall into the trap of immodesty. We need to stand out- that doesn't necessarily mean we have to wear muumuus and headscarves 24/7, but it does mean we need to (excuse me for indelicacy)  make sure body parts that are mean to concealed stay concealed. Believe it or not, this is actually commanded in the Bible!  I Titus 2:9 says, “I want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety…” I daresay you can’t get much plainer than that.

     Let me explain something real quick…. When the modesty survey and this video says that a girls choice of clothing is a ‘stumbling block” to guys it means that it makes them think things about you that you don’t want them thinking about… and it actually causes them to sin. Don’t adopt the “I should be able to wear what I want, and they should resist the temptation” attitude, girls. It is extremely difficult for guys to resist the temptation because it’s completely against they way their minds naturally work. It takes a lot of work for a guy to resist sinning in his heart when he sees you dressing in a way that you ought not. Remember, guys and girls are wired differently and you can really cause an internal war in a guy’s mind if you dress inappropriately.  







 

    What is modest? How far is too far, and how modest do you need to be? Find out what the guys think is OK and what causes them to stumble… right here at the modesty survey. Please keep in mind that this is meant for teens and young adults.



 

    This may come as a surprise to you, and I am fully aware that I am crossing into an awkward zone right now. But I think that this is a very important thing for you girls to understand! Please think of those around you when you are dressing and not just what you like and what you think looks “cute.”

No comments:

Post a Comment