Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Saturday, August 28, 2010

1-13-09 "Who wants to change thw world?"

I was reading Ecclesiastes today. I need to read it again; so much of it was written with me in mind. There are some parts I do not really understand; 11:2 for example, but I really want to. The book is a bit depressing, but there are so many wise sayings to commit to memory! It makes me want to do something that will make people remember me after I am gone. Or at least want to change the world. But I want to do that already. You'll see; I am going to change the world, one heartbeat, one step, one word, one person, one action at a time. I can't do it alone. Sometimes I feel like I am fighting a battle against the whole world. I am all alone and an army is waiting to crush me. How will I ever do even one thing for the glory of God, when the devil is waiting to thwart my plans?  "For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the authorities of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms", says one verse. From Ephesians, I think. But God said he will "Never leave you, I will never forsake you" we must "be strong and courageous! For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." "If God is for me, who can be against me?" "Whom shall I fear?" It's times like these when discouragement invades the mind when Its good to recall scripture and dive into the Word. And, after all, like Patrick Henry said,  "For we do not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us."

   Come along beside me!  If one plus God equals a majority, what does one thousand plus God equal?

Let's change the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment