Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Saturday, August 28, 2010

2-13-09 "he's so old, you'd think his birthday cake would go up in flames"

     If you ask somebody what was special about yesterday, they will probably tell you that it is Darwin Day, a day dedicated to celebrating Charles Darwin's 200th birthday. They will probably not remember that it is also Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday. What I would like to know is, why is everybody forgetting the birthday of one of the world's top government leaders and cellebrating the birthday of a racist instead? What happened to getting rid of bigotry? (First let me state that I am fully aware that Abraham Lincoln had some racist ideas as well, especially early in his presidency, but I believe that, whatever his view of the African race, he more than made up for it in the long run with his actions.) Perhaps you are not aware of the full title of his book, which you probably know as The Origin of Species. The rest of the title has been convieniently dropped from the cover of the newer copies of the said book. The full title of the book is On the Origen of Species, or the Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life. What?! FAVORED races? considering Darwin's own race, I believe it is easy to deduce which race Charles veiws as the "favored" races. Not only is his thoery sadly lacking in evidance and cerdibility (a subject I will go into later), but it is also pro-racism. I think that it is very sad that, while some people commend racial diversity and tolerance, they idolize a man who is a racist himself. 

You want to know the true origin of species? In honor of Lincoln and his earth's origin veiws,  check out Genesis chapters 1-2. Happy birthday, Abe!

"In regard to this Great Book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good the Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book."

- Abraham Lincoln , "Reply to Loyal Colored People of Baltimore upon Presentation of a Bible" (September 7, 1864)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment