Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Monday, August 30, 2010

7-23-09 "hitler youth-a drowning millstone"

Today I saw a video of hitler speaking to Hitler Youth. There were thousands of young men crowded into an area, eager to see their leader.  It was easy to watch passively as the mass cried "Hiel Hitler! Heil Hitler!" But then they began to show the children close up. Yes, children. It had never quite sunk in how young some of these poeple were! There were six-year-olds with baby faces in the crowd. There were good-looking teenage boys who had been trained since childood to be a Nazi through this nightmarish boyscout like club: Hitler Youth!

     I remember seeing a photo in my history book of a fourteen-year-old german soldier being dragged off by an Allied officer after the war. He was too small for his uniform and he was crying, terrified. I felt sorry for him. He had probably killed people, true, and was a racist Nazi (most likely). But he had been led astray by Hitler since childhood! (Actually, he was not quite even past it.) It was what he was told is right. It reminds me of a verse:  Luke 17:2 "It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. "

No comments:

Post a Comment