Welcome

Thanks for stopping by! I created this blog as a companion to my website, Becoming Godly Maidens.com. I hope you enjoy reading what I have posted and that you will come again. Let me know what you think! Leave a comment :)






Monday, March 25, 2013

Palm Sunday

As I was reading and reflecting on the account of Jesus' triumphal entry in Luke 19, I was thinking about Jesus' emotions during this whole affair. As he entered the city on the borrowed colt, as the crowds carpeted His way with palm branches and cried out the words of the Psalmist, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," He knew that on a week everything would change. I find it interesting that in the next passage, Christ looks over Jerusalem, weeping for what He knows will happen to it. He speaks of the coming destruction-- which happened with Titus' destruction of the city in 70 AD--and is grieved at their rejection of Him and the consequences of this rejection. What strikes me… Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment